A number of forces are shaping the rapidly changing environment in financial
- Driven by the tremendous wealth build-up of the 1990s bull market as
well as baby-boomer retirement investment and savings for their dependents’
education, the financial services industry will continue to grow faster
than the economy as a whole.
- The Internet will power innovations for consumers, such as portfolio management
and – at long last – bill presentment and payment, as well as
outsource processing and services for businesses. The importance of intermediaries
in the value chain will continue to increase in a combined internet/face-to-face
model until technology is viewed as secure and more widely trusted for financial
transactions, at which time the role of intermediaries will diminish rapidly.
- Regional and global consolidation will persist as firms build scale and
scope to drive down costs and control significant investments in technology.
Product convergence will continue to blur the distinctions between financial
product providers in the minds of consumers, increasing the importance of
brand recognition and awareness.
- B-to-B marketplaces will evolve into portals for transactions and services,
leading to the seamless incorporation of financial services into dealings
ranging from transatlantic shipping to the purchase of office supplies.
Players who can deconstruct the value chain and rebuild it in innovative
ways on the Web will have a tremendous opportunity to shift the balance
of power in the industry.
At Value Improvement Associates, we serve the following types of financial
(c) Copyright 2012 Value Improvement Associates (Canada) Ltd. All Rights Reserved
- Securities and commodities exchanges and their member
- Investment banks
- Wealth managers
- Managed account providers
- Mutual fund advisors and distributors
- Retail securities firms
- Wholesale banks
- Retail banks
- Mortgage lenders
- Hedge funds
- Life insurance and annuities companies
- Property and casualty insurers
- Market data services providers
- Product and service providers to the industry
Send site comments to: webmaster